* Now is the right time to open a TAB account. It’s so easy and whatever you spend on your first 10 bets, TAB will give you 10% of the total back. See TABs and www.tabonline.co.za for details.
* Tottenham Hotspur’s defensive problems could be eased with the return of Cristian Romero and Davinson Sanchez for the clash against Chelsea on Sunday. The pair, along with Giovani Lo Celso, have been training in Croatia with a Spurs coach to avoid having to self-isolate for 10 days on their return to Britain from World Cup qualifiers in South America. They can travel to London tomorrow.
* After testing positive for COVID-19, Thabo Matlaba is expected to return to the Swallows FC line-up on Sunday, when they host SuperSport United. But defender Wandisile Letlabika is making a slower than expected recovery after contracting the virus.
* Orlando Pirates will not play striker Tshegofatso Mabasa in the starting line-up against Chippa United tomorrow despite his winning goal last weekend. Coach Fadlu Davids says he is not yet fit enough after recovering from a foot injury and will be brought along slowly.
* Serie A is no place for job security with two clubs firing their coaches after the first three games of the season. Eusebio Di Francesco lasted a handful of months at Verona and Leonard Semplici has also had an all-too-brief tenure at Cagliari.
* Barcelona’s woes are multiplying. In the 3-0 defeat against Bayern Munich on Tuesday, they lost Pedri and Jordi Alba to injury. The 32-year-old Alba suffered a thigh injury while teenager Pedri, who played the entire game, picked up a quad injury.