Fri 30 Apr by Mark Gleeson
* Swallows FC set a record for the number of 1-1 draws in a single season after their stalemate with SuperSport United on Tuesday. They have achieved that result 12 times this season!
* Tottenham have failed in a fresh move to persuade Brendan Rodgers to become the club's next manager. Julian Nagelsmann and Rodgers were Spurs chairman Daniel Levy's preferred candidates to replace Jose Mourinho. But German coach Nagelsmann was confirmed as Bayern Munich's next manager on Tuesday, while Rogers wants to stay at Leicester.
* Maritzburg United’s purchase of Jose Ali Meza from Mamelodi Sundowns has proved a massive boost, but the Venezuelan striker has suffered a serious knee injury and could be out for the rest of 2021.
* West Ham defender Fabian Balbuena's red card in last weekend’s Premier League defeat against Chelsea has been overturned on appeal.
* Stellenbosch FC have just a single score in their past four matches, but will likely have their Nigerian forward Stanley Dimgba back from a hamstring injury for their key trip to East London tomorrow to face struggling Chippa United.