Tue 16 Jan by Mark Gleeson
* Tottenham will hand key striker Harry Kane a pay rise and offer Christian Eriksen and Son Heiung-min new contracts to keep them all at the club. But Toby Alderweireld has so far rejected a new contact, feeling he could nearly treble his weekly wage of 55 000 pounds (about R1-million) elsewhere.
* Neymar (213 million euros) has a higher transfer value than Lionel Messi (202 million euros) according to the annual CIES Football Observatory assessement. Harry Kane is third on 195 millionn euros. Five players from the English Premier League are in the top ten: Kane, Dele Alli (6th), Kevin de Bruyne (7th), Romelu Lukaku (8th) and Paul Pogba (10th). However, the highest estimated values for goalkeepers and defenders were recorded for two Barcelona’s players -- Marc-André ter Stegen (96 million euros) and Samuel Umtiti (101 million euros).
* Ajax Cape Town have prioritised bringing in a right-back in the January transfer window and have 33-year-old former Kaizer Chiefs and Bafana Bafana star Siboniso Gaxa trainign with them. Gaxa has been without a club since leaving BidVest Wits in October.
* Antonio Conte is planning a face-to-face showdown with Jose Mourinho when Chelsea visit Old Trafford on 25 February. He wants to draw a line under their recent media feud.
* While dates have still to be set for the sentencing of former Brazilian FA president Jose Maria Marin and former South American confederation president Juan Angel Napout -- both found guilty of corruption in the FIFA-gate case last month -- former CONCACAF president Jeff Webb’s sentencing date has been moved again, this time to March 7.